For anyone trying to Use the Quaver site on an iPad - It doesn't seem to work on Safari or Chrome because they don't have FlashPlayer. There is a browser called Puffin that has Flashplayer and I got QuaverMusic.com to run on it. Puffin is a free download.
I noticed When I signed in that it asked if I had Flash player or not. so check on your iPads to see if it works. I do not have access to internet at school on my ipad currently, so I can't check. Let me know if you find out. Thanks!
Student goals in third grade are:
- Pitch – Be able to identify, read, notate and perform so1-do-re-mi-so-la-do1 notes. Be able to sing tunes, songs, intervals and melodic passages in tune.
- Tempo – Be able to follow, maintain and establish fast medium and slow tempo. Be able to show beat through movement. Be able to conduct 2/4, ¾, 4/4 and 6/8 patterns.
- Rhythm – Be able to distinguish, identify, read, notate and perform whole notes, half notes, quarter notes, eighth notes, quarter rest, sixteenth notes and dotted quarter notes both in isolation and within the context of a song.
- Dynamics – Be able to distinguish between, identify, and produce soft, medium and loud sounds and voice. Be familiar with the terms piano, forte, mezzo piano, mezzo forte, pianissimo and fortissimo. Be able to identify and perform a crescendo and decrescendo.
- Movement – Be able to clap, move, and dance while singing.
- Harmony – Be able to clap, sing or play (on rhythm instruments) harmonic accompaniments and ostinato patterns. Be able to sing rounds. Be able to switch between melody and harmonic accompaniment.
- Instrumentation - Be able to identify wind, brass, string and percussion instruments both visually and aurally.
- Form – Be able to recognize forms and patterns in songs.
- Improvisation – Be able to improvise using known rhythmic and melodic elements. Be able to create movement that reflects focused listening.
- Expression - Be able to produce moods and emotions through singing and musical performance.
- Cultural Diversity and Heritage - Learn songs from a variety of different cultures and heritages.