First Grade Music at ILE
Program Will Be April 12, 7pm at ILHS Auditorium
Details coming soon!
Program Music and Lyrics can be downloaded below for practice
Student goals in first grade are:
- Pitch – Be able to identify, read, notate and perform so-mi-la notes. Be able to sing tunes, songs, intervals and melodic passages in tune.
- Tempo – Be able to follow, maintain and establish fast, medium and slow tempo. Be able to show beat through movement. Be able to conduct 2/4 and 4/4 patterns.
- Rhythm – Be able to distinguish, identify, read, notate and perform whole notes, half notes, quarter notes, eighth notes, and quarter rest both in isolation and within the context of a song.
- Dynamics – Be able to distinguish between, identify, and produce soft, medium and loud sounds and voice.
- Movement – Be able to clap, move, and dance while singing.
- Harmony – Be able to clap, sing or play simple harmonic accompaniments and ostinato patterns.
- Expression - Be able to produce moods and emotions through singing and musical performance.
- Cultural Diversity and Heritage - Learn songs from a variety of different cultures and heritages.
- Practice, Roles and Uses – Learn songs sung for a variety of different uses and purposes, including work and entertainment songs and lullabies. Understand the importance of practice in developing musical skills and musicianship.