First Grade Music at ILE
Thanks 1st graders
Enjoy the program at the link below for the next month.
Student goals in first grade are:
- Pitch – Be able to identify, read, notate and perform so-mi-la notes. Be able to sing tunes, songs, intervals and melodic passages in tune.
- Tempo – Be able to follow, maintain and establish fast, medium and slow tempo. Be able to show beat through movement. Be able to conduct 2/4 and 4/4 patterns.
- Rhythm – Be able to distinguish, identify, read, notate and perform whole notes, half notes, quarter notes, eighth notes, and quarter rest both in isolation and within the context of a song.
- Dynamics – Be able to distinguish between, identify, and produce soft, medium and loud sounds and voice.
- Movement – Be able to clap, move, and dance while singing.
- Harmony – Be able to clap, sing or play simple harmonic accompaniments and ostinato patterns.
- Expression - Be able to produce moods and emotions through singing and musical performance.
- Cultural Diversity and Heritage - Learn songs from a variety of different cultures and heritages.
- Practice, Roles and Uses – Learn songs sung for a variety of different uses and purposes, including work and entertainment songs and lullabies. Understand the importance of practice in developing musical skills and musicianship.